Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Two Worlds

From the time that I was old enough to notice that I was spending my days living in two different worlds,  I would ask God, on a daily basis why ?

Why does my family loved me unconditionally and some of my classmates treat me as if I was created from a completely different God then them?

Most of school began with a breakfast of hot cocoa and oatmeal, in winter and summer, getting dressed, and then waiting with my siblings at the end of our driveway for the bus.  Usually my Grandmother would fix our breakfast and make sure that we were dressed presentably because my mom was either working third shift or had all ready left for her first shift job.  However, once I disembarked the school bus my world completely changed

From the first day I walked into Kindergarten it felt as if, at least to me, that my classmates had held a private meeting during the summer and had elected me the class target for the next ten years of my Primary education.  My school day usually consisted of being the bulls eye for my classmates spit wads, pen tops, erasers, and deconstructed paper clips.  Then before my bus number is called I would ask to be excused to go to the bathroom.  So that I could make sure that I could check to see and pick out any of my class mates ammo that may have become stuck in my hair.

The answers to why I lived in these two different worlds came to me at different points in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment