Friday, October 7, 2016

Prayers of Motherhood: Hugging the Pocerlain Throne

I have always had a love affair with food.  Especially if it falls in the Junk category.  Also, fast food and heavily processed food was easy to prepare and convenient.  To sit down after a long day work and enjoy a good meal was a wonderful end to any day.  So, when morning sickness  hit me like a brick to say that it through me for a loop would be an understatement.

The first change in my diet was craving foods that would have caused me to gag in the past.  One of my mom's favorite deserts was a sponge cake cup filled with cottage cheese topped with strawberries.  My least favorite ingredient on this desert is cottage cheese.  Now I was craving the same food.

But the one change that really affected me was when the smell of poultry and other meats begin to cause me to gag or run into the bathroom to hug the porcelain throne.  Being unable to tolerate the smell of food and some taste of food I became worried that me or my child was not getting the same nutrition I prayed.

"Lord, is this a joke.  You know how much I enjoy eating a good meal but now I enjoy it for a few minutes before I have to go and hug the porcelain throne.  Also, I do not understand why it is called morning sickness because I am sick at any time of the day.  Because of this I am beginning to worry about both my and my baby's health and nutrition.  You know how much nourishment we need please help me to be able to keep down enough food down for both me and the baby.  I pray this in Jesus name Amen.

As my pregnancy progressed I learned to adjust my diet to include food that did not upset my stomach.  I even came to began to enjoy other foods such as cottage cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment